Senior Software Engineer – Procedural Content Generation
Frostbite Labs is a new R&D organization within Electronic Arts whose purpose is to explore new technologies and the creative opportunities that they can enable for our future games. Our areas of research include virtual reality, how we build game worlds, procedural content generation, creating truly realistic characters, and deep learning, i.e. neural networks and other machine learning techniques applied to game AI and game design.
We collaborate with teams all across Electronic Arts such as Battlefield, Mass Effect, Need for Speed, Star Wars and Dragon Age, as well as the Frostbite Engine team and upcoming new games and IPs.
Frostbite Labs is expanding the team working with deep learning and related techniques. We are currently focusing on deep reinforcement learning (self-learning agents learning to play our games) and generative models (for content generation).
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has extensive experience of game development, preferably from areas such as procedural content generation, content pipelines and game development tools.
What skills does Frostbite Labs look for?
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience of game development — preferably around game content, and game engine and tools development
- Extensive knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Python
- Great communication skills and experience from working with multiple disciplines such as designers and artists
We think that you are an open and curious person who is eager to learn and teach. You get a kick out of taking bleeding-edge ideas, investigating and adapting them to real use cases for gaming. This is a fairly small team and we expect you to work with a wide range of tasks as well as taking initiative.
Good to have:
- Experience with developing art and content pipelines and workflows
- Experience with content creation tools
- Experience from multiple game engines
- Knowledge of machine learning
- Math skills: calculus, linear algebra, numerical optimization and probability theory
- The ability to take ideas from scientific papers on state-of-the-art machine learning and computer science subjects, and prototype and evaluate these ideas
What’s in it for you?
We take care of our staff! In addition to a competitive compensation package we will offer you:
- Annual bonus
- EA stock
- Flexible work times
- Occupational pension
- 10 free EA games per year
- Free massages
- A variety of sports activities and health care allowance.
- We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer.
We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long term success!
We look forward to receiving your application!