VP & Group GM of Frostbite
VP & Group GM of Frostbite, EA Studios
We are EA
And we make games – How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Frostbite is a technology and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Need for Speed, Dragon Age and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, as well as games such as Star Wars: Battlefront, Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst and EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour.
Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create games with our proprietary tools. They need efficient, robust and intuitive workflows in order to create awesome games!
The VP & GGM of Frostbite will have an opportunity to work with some of the best people in the industry. This person will be a part of EA Studio’s leadership team and have a key role in defining the future of where this industry is headed.
The VP & GGM is responsible for leading the technology strategy and development plans for EA Studios’ central technology group and core game engine. This individual will lead a global team of developers responsible for creating Frostbite, the world-class engine that powers EA’s AAA HD console games.
This role is responsible for ensuring that this organization collaborates with multiple stakeholders to drive the long term innovative growth of EA Studios’ technology platform and delivers exceptional products and services, while operating within its financial plan. This person will have a central role in evaluating how emerging technology can enable business opportunities and encourage innovation. We are looking for a business-savvy technologist and an inspirational & highly credible leader, who has the capability to articulate the current and future technology needs of EA’s largest franchises, translate these into actionable outcomes and manage a dispersed team effectively to get there.
Key responsibilities to deliver success:
- Lead a strong engineering organization, in partnership with a CTO & COO that has the appropriate balance between innovation and service culture. Cultivate a strong sense of community, recruit and develop exceptional talent so that Frostbite continues to be a destination for top tier technical talent
- Set group vision and corresponding culture that motivates and retains world class talent required for success
- Inspire, lead and develop team members and foster strong relationships across EA’s Studios worldwide
- Work closely with EA Studios’ executive team and EA’s Digital Platform organization to define and implement an integrated platform product strategy, building a common digital platform to support a diverse and evolving offering to HD and mobile gamers
- Evaluate how technology can be used to enable new business opportunities, increase revenue and manage cost.
- Establish with the CTO and technical community, a clear technology strategy and roadmap for EA Studios including engine convergence, service offerings and technology solutions to meet the needs of current and future gaming platforms.
- Proactively identify, incorporate and develop best in class current as well as emerging technologies to encourage innovation across EA Studios with a focus on improved product development and live services
- Use a deep understanding of the games industry and gaming technology to pursue new technology opportunities at the edge of gaming.
- Define technology requirements to enable all EA Studios’ processes and services, such as network engagement and analytics.
- The person we are looking for is someone who lives and breathes games, has a strong mix of technical interest, business acumen and people leadership exposure ideally from the gaming industry, and a track record of delivery.
- A graduate with substantial experience working in a high technology environment (e.g., gaming, online services, software,). Having an MBA would be an asset.
- Experience managing a significant and global organization; this role has 200+ employees, based in Sweden, UK, USA and Canada.
- Proven experience building stable and scalable technology solutions to support interactive business operations.
- Extensive experience leading change initiatives within large, complex, matrixed global environments, with the ability to balance “hands-on” technology expertise and business savvy
- The candidate should possess strategic business sense, exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to consistently deliver to deadlines and in complex business environments.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!