Senior Rendering Engineer
Frostbite is looking for a Rendering Engineer to join the team in Stockholm!
Frostbite is a technology and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Need for Speed, Dragon Age and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, as well as games such as Star Wars: Battlefront, Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst and EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour.
Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create games with our proprietary tools. They need efficient, robust and intuitive workflows in order to create awesome games!
You will be part of our team developing applications, services and frameworks for the Frostbite game authoring toolchain. Our software is a critical part of our content creators’ daily work, providing tools for asset creation and tuning, using our development tools and infrastructure.
To be a Senior Engineer in Frostbite Rendering means that you possess valuable skills or know-how, are regarded as a role model and strive to show what good looks like.
This skill or know-how can be your wide experience of how to work as a team, constantly encouraging others to learn and grow, being passionate about something related to Rendering or just great software architecture.
The key is that you bring your flavor to the team and that you systematically encourage others to learn from you.
- Develop and maintain high quality rendering systems for multiple AAA games
- Research, innovate and implement cutting edge real-time rendering techniques
- Work tightly with a cross-discipline team to provide highly productive and effective art and content workflows
- Undertake performance profiling and optimization on multiple platforms
- Work closely with game team artists and art directors to create effective solutions
- Inspire and help develop more junior members of the team
- Extensive real-time computer graphics knowledge
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Expert C++, data-driven design, and architecture skills
- Expertise at profiling and optimization
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of one or more CPU and GPU architectures
- Console development experience
- C#/Tool experience
- Team Lead/Management experience
What skills does Frostbite look for?
As our Senior engineer you have drive and you are ambitious. This is not just something you put on your CV but also something you practice and people around you notice this in your can do attitude, personal feedback and shooting-for-the-stars-mentality. And you know that the best way to get there is by getting others to join your cause.
Leadership: We believe you also have an interest in leadership. We think it is essential to understand group dynamics as a member of a team and we want people to pro-actively build the team as team members.
Technical: When it comes to your technical skills we believe we want to see a proven track record of developing and shipping AAA games. We think that you have been credited with developing one or many prominent features or rendering techniques during your career and that you are interested in adding many more to that list during your years at Frostbite.
Social: We think that you are an open and curious person who is eager to learn and teach. You get a kick out of working closely with game teams, getting customer feedback and seeing your work being used in production, rather than just getting a kick out of checking it in to the code repository.
What’s in it for you?
At Frostbite we take care of our staff! In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees
- 25+ vacation days
- Flexible work times
- Occupational pension
- 10 EA games per year
- Free massages
- A variety of sports activities and health care allowance.
- We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer.
- We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long term success!
We will review applications continuously. Apply with a resume and cover letter in English. We look forward to receiving your application!