Rendering Technical Director
Frostbite is looking for a senior technical director to join our rendering team.
As the Technical Director you will lead an amazing world class team of 20+ rendering engineers and be part of delivering the engine behind some of the best games in the industry. Frostbite is the platform for diverse franchises like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Need for Speed, Dragon Age and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare.
Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create games with our proprietary tools. They need fantastic workflows and features of high quality in order to create awesome games!
In Frostbite you, as the Technical Director, will partner up with the Product Owner and the Development Director to jointly form the heart of the rendering domain. Your part as Technical Director focuses on sustainable software development, ensuring code quality and great engineering practices, as well as overall architecture. Other important responsibilities includes growing the team and communication with various stakeholders on game teams and internally on Frostbite.
- Accountable for overall quality of code and architecture
- Establish and drive engineering practices around testing and sustainable software development
- Collaborate with other groups within Frostbite in coordinating engineering plans and standards
- Collaborate with game teams using Frostbite to understand needs and drive internal and external behaviors
- Capture, motivate and specify internal technical projects and prioritize them with the product owner
- Partner with 3rd party vendors around new technology and opportunities
- Act as a role model, coach and mentor other members of the team
- Ensure that there is no unmotivated long-term drift in key metrics (performance and memory)
- Together with HR and the development director, drive recruitment for rendering
- Proven and long experience of leading software development teams
- Great understanding and experience of building and delivering software at scale
- Programmer background with solid C++ knowledge
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to understand our customers need
- Good understanding of the modern realtime rendering space
- Experience of building console games
WHAT SKILLS DOES FROSTBITE LOOK FOR
As the technical director for Frostbite rendering you play an important role not only in the rendering space but in the wider engine team. Your ability to collaborate and can-do-mentality allows us to together push the engine forward and make sure that we succeed in delivering what the game teams need to make fantastic Products.
As a strong and ambitious leader you are what good looks like when it comes to building large scale software. You know how important various forms of testing are and how code/design reviews makes us all better.
Your responsible nature and experience in leading engineers provides an environment that allows the team the freedom they need, as experts, to build fantastic new features but also the direction to maintain what is already there.
In a team that is distributed over multiple locations around the world, you are the glue that holds everyone together to produce a fantastic rendering engine that has a clear familiar architecture.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? GLAD YOU ASKED!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension. Although we enjoy working hard at Frostbite, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods. We look forward to receiving your application!
WE THOUGHT YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO KNOW
We will review applications continuously. Apply with a resume and cover letter in English. We look forward to receiving your application!