Frostbite is looking for a Rendering Engineer to join the team in Stockholm!
Frostbite is a technology and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Need for Speed, Dragon Age and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, as well as games such as Star Wars: Battlefront, Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst and EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create games with our proprietary tools. They need efficient, robust and intuitive workflows in order to create awesome games!
You will be part of our team developing applications, services and frameworks for the Frostbite game authoring toolchain. Our software is a critical part of our content creators’ daily work, providing tools for asset creation and tuning, using our development tools and infrastructure.
As an Engineer on the Frostbite Rendering team, you will be joining a small team of passionate and experienced people working with a variety of rendering disciplines such as lighting, post processing and VFX. The team is tasked to work with the Technical Director and product owner for rendering to come up with a plan for maintaining, innovating and meeting customer expectations in these areas.
The team is seated together, have their own meetings together and run most things on a day to day basis. This gives you as an engineer a lot of impact on the plans, solutions and direction. The Frostbite Rendering team is the ideal environment for you to learn, grow and have a meaningful impact.
- Develop and maintain high quality rendering systems for multiple AAA games
- Research, innovate and implement cutting edge real-time rendering techniques
- Work tightly with a cross-discipline team to provide highly productive and effective art and content workflows
- Undertake performance profiling and optimization on multiple platforms
- Work closely with Game Team Artists and Art Directors to create effective solutions
- C++ experience
- Knowledge of the graphics pipeline and GPU architecture
- Experience with multiple platforms such as: PC, PS4, Xbox One, Mobile
- Expertise at profiling and optimization
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
What skills does Frostbite look for?
A great engineer to us cares about the customer, which in your case will most likely be an artist trying to realize their vision for their game. We believe you have experience developing rendering systems, techniques and workflow and that you also have a strong desire to learn more! We think you like collaborating with others and that you believe that when you help other succeed you also feel successful.
What’s in it for you?
At Frostbite we take care of our staff! In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees
- 25+ vacation days
- Flexible work times
- Occupational pension
- 10 EA games per year
- Free massages
- A variety of sports activities and health care allowance
- We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer
- We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long term success!
We will review applications continuously. Apply online with a resume and cover letter in English. We look forward to receiving your application!